Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!

So, I am officially on break for three whole weeks! It has been an amazing start to a great break thus far. I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life and I have been able to spend some time with those people this weekend! Chris, Amie and I went to Zoo Lights on Friday night after our school's Social Committee Christmas Party. I took Tammy out for pedicures as a Christmas gift, and spent time with lots of ladies at our Church's Ladies Christmas Luncheon, including a great friend Michelle. I even got to go on a special date with my hubby while Michelle watched Amie for us. It has been a busy, fun and special weekend! Today, I got to spend time with my friend Amy and her family at lunch after church listening to their funny family stories! I have only 2 days left here in Arizona until I take off for Alabama, so I know I have a few more days of spending time with important people in my life. It is a fast and furious way to tell everyone I know Merry Christmas, love ya, and see ya in a few weeks!

The highlight of my weekend was getting to watch Amie Lynn in our Church Christmas Play! She was an angel, a beautiful one, I may add! She was shy, overwhelmed, and scared, so she did her best for about 2.4 minutes and then cried, "I want my Momma!" A friend got a shot of her looking around for me and crying in costume! I can't believe that she is old enough to be in the play. I have watched the play for years wondering what it would be like to have my baby involved in it somehow, and this year, she was! It is a rite of passage that makes me proud and sad at the same time.


Here she is being ushered in to her spot in the manger scene! She is doing alright...


And, here she is on Amy's lap crying as Amy is trying to console her!
Just love it!
From our Angel to yours...Merry Christmas!
May your Christmas be filled with the reason for the season - Jesus and his unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment