Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baking Cookies

Yesterday, we baked some cookies! This is the first time I have had Amie help me bake cookies. Up until now, I have been afraid to have her near a hot stove and messy ingredients. Since Amie has been feeling so independent, I thought why not? She is going to start helping me in the kitchen sometime, so why not now! We got everything we needed to make our cookies, and then the fun began! She was so proud of herself and her ability to help Mommy now. My little girl is growing up. Thank goodness she still likes to give me hugs and kisses, or else I don't know what I would do!

First, we got everything we needed to make the cookie dough. Doesn't she look proud?

We mixed everything together - Okay, she mixed everything together.

Mixing is hard work! A good baker needs to stay hydrated!

Next, we put the cookies in the oven...she was patiently waiting for her cookies to be done.
Daddy helped with the waiting process by doing what all Daddy's do - lick the bowl and spoon!

Finally, it was time to eat the cookies! They look so happy.

That looks like one happy baker. I think she liked her cookie, do you?

Okay, now what else can I do with her to pass the time until we leave for Alabama? She is so excited to see her Gee Gee. She wakes up every morning and says, "I go to Gee Gee's house today!" And, of course I have to be the meanie and say not today sweetie, in 3 more days we leave. Tomorrow we are going to go to a water park, so hopefully I can keep her distracted for one more day.

1 comment: